Home Americas Cardroom Forum Promotions Freebuy Super Series

Freebuy Super Series

Home Americas Cardroom Forum Promotions Freebuy Super Series

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by ACR_Rep ACR_Rep 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ACR_Rep
    ACR_Rep
    Keymaster

https://i.imgur.com/B8RFyPN.png

Americas Cardroom Reassures Poker Community, Responds to Downtime with $250,000 Freebuy Super Series

San Jose, Costa Rica – August 29, 2019 – In response to server downtime and tournament cancellations caused by recent growth, Americas Cardroom today announced a Freebuy Super Series featuring $250,000 in prize money. The US-facing online poker site also issued an apology to affected players and reassured its community that these are temporary growing pains.

“After the huge success of our recent $5 Million Venom, our traffic has spiked to unprecedented levels,” stated Americas Cardroom spokesperson Michael Harris. “And while our new software is designed to be more than capable of handling our growing community, we did experience some server overload, causing tournament downtime and cancellations. We’ve got our best and brightest on the job and we thank all our players for their patience.”

To make up for the player inconvenience, Americas Cardroom is hosting a Freebuy Super Series in October featuring $250,000 in guaranteed prize money. That’s a quarter of a million dollars up for grabs, for free. Specific dates will be announced soon.

A Freebuy tournament is an Americas Cardroom innovation that combines freerolls and buy-in poker tournaments. Every player who registers for a Freebuy tourney will get their chip stack for free and compete for a real money prize pool. The Freebuy tournaments also offer real money rebuys and add-ons from between $1 and $5, depending on the tournament.

Harris notes that any players affected by the tournament downtime or cancellation will be refunded according to the site’s terms and conditions.

Added Harris: “Our community means everything to us, and we make sure players are always treated right. Our tourney schedule continues as normal while we work through everything. We hope to have disruptions completely eliminated soon. Thanks again for supporting us.”

About Americas Cardroom
    Americas Cardroom joined the Winning Poker Network in 2011. The Winning Poker Network has one of the longest and trusted online names in the industry and has been in existence since 2001. Americas Cardroom accepts players from the US market and the rest of the world. Rated first place for payment processing and cashout reliability repeatedly over the last few years, Americas Cardroom offers outstanding customer service and a friendly environment for all poker players around the world.

Jack Magnum
    Participant

That sounds great and all and as a good supporter, I look froward to it WHEN I see it, but we as players have been hearing this same type of banter and propaganda from ACR since their so called software update on May 20th 2019. Here we are over 3 months later and there are even more problems And on top of all of this, the slow refunds or missing refunds, the CS telling me that I am not entitled to ICM $$ and have been refunded already when I clearly was not, but then I had to get help from an ACR Stormer and they make it right, the fact that I have to jump through hoops to get anything done by CS, take pictures, provide tourney IDs and other things that is not my job to do, only to CONSTANTLY get told “we need to escalate this further” telling me to wait ANOTHER 72 hours, even after the first 72 hours I waited. Makes 0 sense. And the very suspicious and shady practices of ending or freezing tourneys when they are almost done with late registration or ITM. Overall, communication has been anything BUT transparent. And lastly, Why dont you do a poll from your players, ask the what they think of your new software the RNGs and the BRUTAL runouts that reward bad play even more than normal on a poker site? See how many agree with me. And because of this now, VERY bad or donkey players have emerged or good players have changed their game to basically just gamble instead of playing poker, cause the system is rigged more than ever for action and great hands that should win are losing more often than they should had this been played in IRL. Btw, you have very easy to see patterns in your software, but unfortunately, we are forced to play some hands we should be folding.

Anyway, This is to inform you publicly what I have seen and heard from my fellow ACR players. A lot are either ready to leave for your competition or have left, even if it means less content because we all have 1 thing in common… We want to enjoy ourselves and make $$$$$$$$$$. I hope you find a way FAST to make all of this right. I really do want to love you 🙂

TheDud3_Ab1des
    Participant

Thanks for the communication. That takes a good portion of the “sting” away. Also, sorry I was a dick on Twitter.

WFKS
    Participant

Here is a CRAZY idea, have some non turbo tournaments that don’t take 10-12 hours to finish

ACR_Rep
    ACR_Rep
    Keymaster

Thank you for your suggestion @wfks, I just forwarded your idea to our Tournaments Team for their review.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.